SERVICES WE OFFER
Romix has a team of qualified individuals that will help you to implement projects, large or small, professionally.
Before a project commences, soil samples will be collected from the site and a number of laboratory tests will be performed :-
- Sieve Analysis – Ascertaining the volumes of different soil particles in the material
- Plasticity Index (PI) – Indicating the presence or absence of clay particles in the material
- Water Submersion Test – Sample moulds are prepared; control samples without SoilFix SRB-5, and treated samples with SoilFix SRB-5. These samples are cured and dried in an oven as well as open sunlight. Thereafter, the samples (one without and one with SoilFix SRB-5) are placed in a water bath. The samples are weighed before and after submersion to ascertain the level of water uptake.
- Abrasion testing – ascertaining the amount of material loss of untreated and treated samples when subjected to abrasion.
- Crush testing – ascertaining the ability of the material to withstand downward pressure by crushing treated and untreated samples.
A full laboratory report is issued indicating :
- The suitability of the material to be used with SoilFix SRB-5
- Material Modification recommendations if required.
Based on the type of materials available and the expected traffic loadings, Romix will design the pavement layers and type of wearing course seals for your road.
Romix offers classroom training in the application methods of our products. Students that complete the course successfully will receive certification.
Romix also offers on-site supervision and skills transfer to our customers. Machine Operators are trained in the application methods:
- Road preparation
- Ripping and mixing SoilFix SRB-5 into the material
- Achieving Optimum Moisture Content (OMC)
- Compaction procedures.
- Application of PRS/PNS wearing course seals
- Mixing of aggregates with BTA for application of Cold Asphalt
Strength Testing after Construction
On request Romix will test the Bearing Strength of your road before and after construction by using the Dynamic Cone Penetrometer method. This test method will indicate the following :
- CBR (California Bearing Ratio) of the material prior to construction and after construction to indicate the level of increase in strength
- UCS (Unconfined Compressive Strength)
Romix Professionals is available by phone 24/7 to assist your field staff. Help is just a phone call away